Technology Upgrade: Debit, Credit, and ATM
During the Technology Upgrade, which occurs from 6:00 pm (PDT) on Friday, June 7, through the morning of Tuesday, June 11, all SMCU ATMs, debit cards, and credit cards will remain available for use but may be limited. Please review the information below.
ATMs during the upgrade (except Shared Branching "Express" ATMs)
- Cash withdrawals are available up to the daily limit at SMCU and non-SMCU ATMs.
- Deposits will be accepted at all deposit-taking ATMs but they will not post to your account until the upgrade is complete.
- Balance information will be unavailable to view and will not print on your receipt. If you are concerned about overdrawing your account(s), please be sure to check your balances prior to June 7.
- Transfers and payments can be initiated but will not post to your account(s)/loan(s) until after the upgrade is complete.
Debit cards during the upgrade
- Debit cards can be used for all point-of-sale purchases, ATM cash withdrawals, up to daily limits. If you attempt to purchase something that takes you beyond the daily limit, that purchase will be declined. In that event, please use a check, cash, or credit card to complete your purchase.
- You will not be able to view your checking account balance during the upgrade, so if you are concerned about overdrawing your account, please be sure to check your balance prior to June 7.
- If you are travelling, please notify SMCU in advance of June 7 to ensure your card remains available for use. If you are travelling between June 7 and June 11 and your card is locked for any reason, please call (888) 241-2510.
Credit cards during the upgrade
- Credit cards can be used for all point-of-sale purchases, cash advances, and balances transfers, up to your daily/credit limit.
- If you are travelling, please notify SMCU in advance of June 7 to ensure your card remains available for use. If you are travelling between June 7 and June 11 and your card is locked for any reason, please call (866) 820-4890.
- Aftrer the upgrade, you will need to re-register your card inside Online Banking if you wish to view your account history.
We're here to answer your questions
If you have any questions about the SMCU Technology Upgrade or the specific information on this page, please call us at (650) 363-1725.