Send money anywhere in the world
If you need to transfer money internationally, San Mateo Credit Union offers the ability to send the money in foreign currency or U.S. dollars. To limit processing delays and make sure the funds reach their intended destination, make sure you contact the receiving institution and obtain detailed instructions on sending funds to a foreign account. To send a foreign wire, you may need to collect some or all the following information:
Originator Information: (Sender of Funds)
- Your name, account number, address, phone
- Amount of wire in U.S. dollars or foreign currency
- Name and address of the financial institution receiving funds, plus its phone number
- Required codes - SWIFT Number, Sort Code, Routing Number, Bank Code or IBAN
- ABA Routing/Transit Number of the receiving financial institution
Beneficiary Information: (Receiver of Funds)
- Full name (as it appears on the account), account number, address, and province or region
- Date of birth
- Financial institution the funds are being routed or payable through
- Wire purpose
- Branch information
- Originator to beneficiary information
Once the funds leave the U.S. banking system and are out of the country, San Mateo Credit Union does not have control over the process. It can take anywhere from two days or two weeks before it is credited to the account in the foreign country.
For the funds to be sent the same day, outgoing international wire forms must be received before 11:00 a.m. (Pacific Time), Monday through Friday.
We're here to help
We're happy to guide you through the wire transfer process. Call us at (650) 363-1725 or stop by your nearest SMCU branch.