Eligibility - Any Eligible Member, in good standing, may enroll in and use the Service.
Before you initiate your first Transaction, you agree to familiarize yourself with the Service by reading the instructions provided to you either on paper or electronically. You agree that the information contained in the instructions and any updates to it are part of this Agreement.
3. Business Online Banking Agreement
This section of the Online Banking Agreement sets forth the terms for your use of the Online Business Banking. Except where modified by this Agreement, all the existing terms and conditions of your Membership and Account Agreement, and Online Banking Agreement remain in effect.
Your Master User and Sub-Users
Certain memberships may have access to our Business Online Banking services. If your membership does qualify for these services you will have the ability to designate a Master User to manage your services and the Master User will be able add other persons as Sub-Users.
You will access and use the Business Online Banking through your Master User, who you authorize as your agent to take any and all actions on your behalf to enroll you in the Business Online Banking, including those Services requiring separate enrollment such as ACH origination, Bill Pay, external funds transfer, and online statements, and to initiate or originate any and all actions or transactions available via Business Online Banking services. By adding other persons as Sub-Users you agree to deliver a copy of this Agreement and the Membership and Account Agreement to the Sub-user.
You further authorize your Master User to add other persons as users of your Business Online Banking services and designate which of your accounts they may access and the level of activity in which they can engage in such accounts ("Sub-Users"). Accordingly, you hereby authorize each Sub-User to act on your behalf based on the rights that your Master User delegates to such Sub-Users. The designation of your Master User and Sub-Users, if any, as your authorized agents to engage in Business Online Banking services will be considered the authorization for all other account owners. Therefore, any and all actions or transactions undertaken or originated by your Master User and Sub-Users on an account, including those you did not want or intend, are transactions that are authorized by you and you are responsible for those transactions.
Two or More Signature Account
You understand and agree that to the extent of their authority, each Master User or Sub-User acting alone can initiate actions or originate transactions and, consistent with our Membership and Account Agreement, we do not assume and, in fact, expressly disclaim any duty to enforce multiple signature or authorization requirements.
4. Setup and Use of San Mateo Credit Union’s Online Banking Service
Access to the San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking Service
The San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking Service is generally accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, however, at certain times, some or all of the Service may not be available due to system maintenance or other unforeseeable problems.
We may modify, suspend, or terminate access to the Service at any time and for any reason without notice or refund of fees you’ve paid.
You can access all of your Accounts at the Credit Union through the Service. We will provide you with instructions on how to set up the Service. These instructions are incorporated herein by reference and constitute part of this Agreement.
When using the Service, you must, when prompted, enter your Login Credentials. By entering the correct information you will have direct access to your Credit Union accounts. If you authorize anyone to use your San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking password or PIN in any manner, that authority will be considered unlimited in amount and manner until you specifically revoke such authority by notifying the Credit Union and changing your San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking password or PIN immediately. You are responsible for any transactions made by such persons until you notify us that transactions and access by that person are no longer authorized and your San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking password or PIN is changed. If you fail to maintain or change the security of your San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking password or PIN and the Credit Union suffers a loss, we may terminate your electronic funds transfer and account services immediately.
In order to use the Service, you must have a personal computer, operating system and telecommunications connections to the Internet and capable of supporting the below requirements. You are responsible for providing any equipment, services or advice related to equipment necessary to interface with the Credit Union’s or our Agent’s system. Neither the Credit Union or Agent are responsible for any error in connections, transmissions or otherwise regarding any system, software, entries or instructions. These hardware and software requirements may change from time to time with advances in technology and upgrades to the Service.
• An Internet browser that is compatible with the Service’s supported browsers;
• An e-mail account and e-mail software capable of retrieving, reading and responding to emails;
• Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer’s hard drive or other data storage unit;
In an effort to provide the highest degree of confidentiality and security, we require the use of a browser that provides encryption using a 128-bit key. The higher the level of encryption, the harder it is for unauthorized people to read your information. We recommend you protect your valuable financial information by using the most secure encryption available. The Credit Union is not liable for losses resulting from the use of 40-bit encryption. If you elect to use the 40-bit browser, this implies your acceptance of that risk.
5. San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking Services
You can use the San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking Service to access your accounts with us. The Service allows you to:
• See a summary of your accounts.
• View Account balances.
• Review recent transactions.
• Transfer funds between Accounts.
• Transfer money to pay balances on Accounts with us.
• Apply for a new account or loan.
• Re-order checks for your checking Account.
• Change your User ID or password for the Service.
• Receive and send electronic messages to the Credit Union. You understand that we may not immediately receive email communications that you send and will not take action based upon email requests until we actually receive your message and have reasonable opportunity to act. If you need to contact the Credit Union immediately, you may do so at (888) 363.1725 or (650) 363-1725 on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. PT (excluding applicable Federal or Credit Union holidays). You understand that we may require that you document any oral request in writing before taking some actions.
Transactions involving your deposit accounts will be subject to the terms of your Membership and Account Agreement and transactions involving a line of credit account will be subject to your Loan Agreement and Disclosures, as applicable.
Additional Information about the San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking Service
Processing Fund Transfers
We can process a fund transfer immediately if sufficient funds are available in your account. When you schedule a funds transfer using the Service, you authorize us to withdraw the necessary funds from your account with us. We deduct the amount of your funds transfer from your account on the date we process your instruction.
Canceling Fund Transfers
You may cancel a pending fund transfer transaction. However, to do so, we must receive your instruction to cancel prior to the cutoff time on the date the transaction is scheduled to be processed. If we don't receive your instruction to cancel a transaction before that time, we may process the transaction.
Transfers and withdrawals transacted through the Service will be recorded on your periodic statement which will be sent by mail or electronically if you have requested an electronic statement. A monthly account statement will be made available to you, unless there are no transactions in a particular month. In any case, a statement will be made available to you on all your accounts at least quarterly. Transactions are also available within the ‘Transactions’ tab in the ‘Account’ page of the Service.
There are certain charges for the Service as set forth below. From time to time, the charges may be changed. We will notify you of any changes as required by law. Please refer to the Credit Union Cost Recovery Schedule/Fee Schedule.
The Service is currently free to all members. You should note that, you may incur other charges. These include charges for:
• normal checking and savings account fees and service charges;
• long-distance, toll or other telecommunications charges; and
• internet service provider fees.
7. Limitations of the Credit Union’s Responsibilities
You agree that neither we nor the service providers shall be responsible for any loss, property damage or bodily injury, whether caused by the equipment, software, Credit Union, or by Internet browser providers, or by Internet access providers or by the Service providers or by an agent or subcontractor of any of the foregoing. Nor shall we or the service providers be responsible for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential economic or other damages arising in any way out of the installation, download, use, or maintenance of the equipment, software, the Service, or Internet browser or access software.
In this regard, although we have taken measures to provide security for communications from you to us via the Service and may have referred to such communications as "secured", we cannot and do not provide any warranty or guarantee of such security. In states that do not allow the exclusion or limitation of such damages, our liability is limited to the extent permitted by applicable law.
The Credit Union will not be liable for the following:
1. If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your Account to make the transfer, your account is inactive, or the transfer would go over the credit limit on your line of credit, if applicable.
2. If you used the wrong security code or you have not properly followed any applicable computer, or Credit Union user instructions for making transfer transactions.
3. If your computer fails or malfunctions or the phone or cable lines or Credit Union computer system was not properly working, and such problem should have been apparent when you attempted such transaction.
4. If circumstances beyond our control (such as earthquake, fire, flood, telecommunication outages or strikes, equipment or power failure) prevent making the transaction.
5. If the funds in your account are subject to an administrative hold, legal process, or other claim.
6. If you have not given the Credit Union complete, correct, and current instructions so the Credit Union can process a transfer.
7. If, through no fault of ours, a funds transfer transaction does not reach a particular payee due to changes in the payee address, account number or otherwise; the time you allow for payment delivery was inaccurate; or the payee failed to process a payment correctly, or in a timely manner, and a fee, penalty, or interest is assessed against you.
8. If the error was caused by a system beyond the Credit Union's control such as a telecommunications system, an Internet service provider, any computer virus, or problems related to software not provided by the Credit Union.
9. If there are other exceptions as established by the Credit Union.
8. Member Rights and Liability
Privacy and Confidentiality
We will collect only such information as you knowingly provide to us or specifically authorize us to obtain on your behalf. Our priority is to keep this information secure and to use it only as you authorize us. This information is necessary to create your user profile, which allows you to access the Service. However, we may disclose personal information about you to third parties in certain instances:
1. If we have entered into an agreement with another party to provide any of the San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking Service. In this case, we will provide that party with information about your Account, your Transfers, and your communications with us in order to carry out your instructions;
2. If it is necessary for completing Transfers or otherwise carrying out your instructions;
3. In order to comply with applicable laws, government agency rules or orders, court orders, subpoenas or other legal process or in order to give information to any government agency or official having legal authority to request such information; or
4. If you otherwise give us your specific permission.
You are responsible for all transfers you authorize using the Service under this Agreement. If you permit other persons to use your San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking password or PIN, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize or conduct on any of your accounts. However, tell us at once if you believe anyone has used your password or PIN and accessed your accounts without your authority. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down.
For San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking transactions, if you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone accessed your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the unauthorized use of your account or password, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from accessing your account without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Statement
If you think there is an error on your statement, or if you need more information about a transaction on this statement, write us (on a separate sheet) at the address on the front of your statement. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the error or problem appeared. You must notify us of any potential errors in writing. You may call us, but if you do we are not required to investigate any potential errors and you may have to pay the amount in question.
In your letter, provide the following information:
1. Your name and account number.
2. The dollar amount of the suspected error.
3. Describe the error and why you believe it is a mistake.
While we investigate whether or not there has been an error, the following are true: We cannot try to collect the amount in question or report you as delinquent on that amount. The charge in question may remain on your statement, and we may continue to charge you interest on that amount. However, if we determine that we made a mistake, you will not have to pay the amount in question or any interest or other fees related to that amount. While you do not have to pay the amount in question, you are responsible for the remainder of your balance. We can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit.
In case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers
Call us or write us at the telephone number or address listed on your statement, as soon as you can, if you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
1. Tell us your name and account number (if any).
2. Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
3. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (5 business days for ATM/debit card point-of-sale transactions and 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, point-of-sale transaction, or a foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this we will credit your account within 10 business days (5 business days for ATM/debit card point-of-sale transactions and 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, unless each of you already has an established account with us before this account is opened. We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Mortgage Loan
If you think there is an error relating to the servicing of your mortgage loan, or if you need more information about the servicing of your mortgage loan, write us (on a separate sheet) ‘Attn: Error Resolution’ at the address on the front of your statement. You must notify us of any potential errors in writing. You may call us, however if you do, we are not required to investigate any potential errors and you may have to pay the amount in question.
In your letter, provide the following information:
1. Your name.
2. Your member number and loan number.
3. Describe the error or provide a statement of the information you are requesting.
The Service will remain in effect until terminated by you or us. You may cancel the Service at any time by notifying us of your intent to cancel via the information below.
San Mateo Credit Union
PO Box 910
(888) 363-1725 or (650) 363-1725
10. Changes in Terms and Other Amendments
The Credit Union may change the Service and the terms, including fees, set forth in this Agreement at any time. You will be notified of any such change as required by applicable law, either by mail or by an electronic message. Your use of these services after any such change will evidence your agreement to any changes. Rejection of the new, modified or amended terms will constitute your termination/cancellation of any services provided pursuant to this Agreement. Upon such termination/cancellation you will remain responsible to pay any sums owed to us pursuant to your existing Agreements with us.
11. Other Provisions
You agree to be liable to the Credit Union for any liability, loss, or expense as provided in this Agreement that the Credit Union incurs as a result of any dispute involving your accounts or services. You authorize the Credit Union to deduct any such liability, loss, or expense from your account without prior notice to you. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of California as applied to contracts entered into solely between residents of, and to be performed entirely in, such state. In the event either party brings a legal action to enforce the Agreement or collect any overdrawn funds on accounts accessed under this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled, subject to California law, to payment by the other party of its reasonable attorney's fees and costs, including fees on any appeal, bankruptcy proceedings, and any post-judgment collection actions, if applicable. Should any one or more provisions of this Agreement be determined illegal or unenforceable in any relevant jurisdiction, then such provision may be modified by the proper court, if possible, but only to the extent necessary to make the provision enforceable and such modification shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California and federal law, as applicable without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions of your actual state or country of residence. If either San Mateo or I have any dispute or disagreement with the other regarding the Agreement that we cannot resolve amicably, both parties agree that the sole and exclusive remedy shall be binding arbitration in California in accordance with the rules and procedures of the American Arbitration Association then in effect.
Hours of Operation
Our representatives are available to assist you at (888) 363.1725 or (650) 363-1725 on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. PT (excluding applicable Federal or Credit Union holidays). You can also visit one of our branch locations, find one at smcu.org/locations.
Scope of Agreement
This Agreement and the Membership Agreement represents our complete agreement with you relating to our provision of the San Mateo Credit Union Online Banking Service. No other statement, oral or written, including language contained in our Website, unless otherwise noted, is part of this Agreement.