Stay informed with account alerts via text or email
In the fight against cyber criminals who continuously try to access private information, staying on top of your financial account activity is a must. San Mateo Credit Union takes your account security seriously, so we offer completely free* Account Alerts to our members.
You'll be notified
By setting up one or more Account Alerts, you’ll receive a text, email or push notification (your choice) when certain transactions are performed or changes in your account occur. That way, if there’s a transaction you don’t recognize, you can let us know right away.
Verify your phone for Account Alerts via text
To receive Account Alerts via text message, be sure to verify your mobile phone number first. Follow these steps to get your mobile phone number verified:
- Log in to Online Banking
- Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner, and from the drop-down menu click on “Settings”
- From the Settings menu, select the “Contact” tab
- Under the Phone Numbers heading, edit your mobile phone number by clicking on the pencil icon to the right of the phone number
- If your mobile phone has not yet been confirmed, you will see an option: “I would like to receive SMS Text Messages to this number” – select this option by checking the box to the left of this statement
- You will see the status: “Not Confirmed” follow the onscreen prompts and get sent a code via text to begin the confirmation process
- Once you receive the code, select “Verify”
- You’ll receive a second code – enter the code in the input box.
- Select “Confirm Code”
- Select “Save Changes”
Once your mobile number is confirmed, you can opt into text message alerts. Navigate back to the Settings menu by clicking on your name, select “Settings” then choose the “Notifications” tab to choose your alerts and how you wish to receive them.
Select from a variety of Account Alerts
Additional Card Alerts
Questions about Account Alerts?
Give us a call at (650) 363-1725 or visit your nearest branch in San Mateo County, California.
* SMCU does not charge for Account Alerts. However, your carrier's message/data rates may apply. Please check with your carrier for specific SMS/Text charges.