Security Changes Coming to the Online Banking Login Process
Protection of your personal information is important to us and this is why we are pleased to announce that soon we’ll be adding an enhanced security login feature. This new login feature will replace the existing process of answering security questions as a primary way to authenticate your identity.
When will this new feature begin and how do I set it up?
On January 28, when logging into Online Banking on a computer, you will be asked to set up your verification phone number. You may choose to set up multiple verification phone numbers. Please note:
While you can opt-out of the One-Time Passcode service, you are still required to set up a phone number as in the steps below. Once you confirm and set up your phone number(s) but you prefer security questions, please call us at 650-363-1725 to opt out.
Follow the onscreen prompts to finish the set-up process:
- Once you enter your User ID and password. You will see the screen below:
- Choose a phone number that is currently on your account, or add another number of your choice
- Choose your Notification preference: Text or Call
- Click to agree with the Terms and Conditions
- Click "Save"
- You'll receive two text or voice messages:
- One with a code to verify the phone number
- The other notifying you that alerts are activated
- Input the verification code
- You are now set up for this security feature and can safely use Online Banking. Please note: While you can opt-out of the One-Time Passcode service, you are still required to set up a phone number as in the steps above. Once you confirm or set up your phone number(s) and you prefer security questions, please call us at 650-363-1725 to opt out.
How does this security feature work?
When logging into Online Banking on your computer or mobile phone internet browser, you will receive a message (text or voice) on your phone with a 4-digit code. You will be asked to enter this code to complete the login process on your computer. This feature requires a simple setup and will replace answering security questions when logging into Online Banking. NOTE: This feature does not apply to our mobile app.
When will I be prompted for a One-Time Passcode?
In most cases, you may be prompted when logging in from a computer we don’t recognize or when conducting certain financial transactions within Online Banking.
It is important to note:
- All verification text messages will come from the same 5-digit phone number: 28369
- The verification code will be different each time you receive an alert.
Can I opt out of the One-Time Passcode security feature?
While you can opt-out of the One-Time Passcode service, you are still required to set up a phone number as in the steps above. Once you set up your phone number, you may opt out of the one-time passcode security feature if you prefer security questions. Please call us at 650-363-1725 to opt out.