San Mateo Credit Union's 2021 Educational Scholarship
Investing in Your Future
San Mateo Credit Union believes that a higher education is a catalyst for success. That's why, year after year, the SMCU Education Scholarship helps students with the growing expenses that come along with a college education. SMCU is proud to offer two $5,000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors to help cover the costs such as tuition, housing, books, and meals.
- Be a class of 2021 high school senior or a 2020 graduate who took a gap year and are enrolling in a college or technical school for the first time.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or greater and sumbit an unofficial transcript.
- Provide a typed essay on the following prompt:
- Credit Unions believe in the philosophy of People Helping People. Tell us about a time when you helped someone in need and explain what you learned about the importance of having compassion and empathy.
- Plan to enroll in an accredited college or technical school for Fall 2021. If selected as a winner, enrollment will be verified prior to receiving scholarship funds.
Additionally applicants are encouraged to submit a resume highlighting work experience, extra curricular activities, and/or talents if applicable. There is no restriction regarding applicants county or residence.
*Applications with GPAs below 3.0 will
be considered if 11th
grade GPAs have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please upload a brief statement explaining how COVID-19 has influenced your GPA. Examples of qualifying events include:
- Limited access to technology, including unstable or limited access to internet services.
- Limited or challenged access to resources to assist with virtual learning, including limited access to tutoring, office hours or other support
- Other pandemic-related extenuating circumstances, including a loss of household income resulting in increased pressure to work, pandemic-related illness or death in the family, or other pandemic-related stress.
Submission deadline: March 19, 2021 by 11:59pm
If you have any questions about scholarship eligibility, please contact us at (650) 363-1725 or via email at email@example.com