Keeping You Secure
As fraud and security threats increase, staying safe online is more important than ever. San Mateo Credit Union is your partner in security, and we take extensive measures to protect your accounts and we are committed to giving you the tools you need to stay safe.
How we protect you:
- Our dedicated team monitors all accounts and cards for suspicious activity.
- Data is encrypted with the latest security technology.
- Your online and mobile sessions are automatically logged out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- Users are locked out after three unsuccessful logon attempts.
- Logging in can be done via fingerprint or facial recognition on compatible devices.
- When there’s a login attempt from a new device, we verify that it’s you with a One-Time Passcode.
- SMCU will never call, text or email you asking you for any account numbers, Personal Identification Numbers, or card numbers.
Take an active role by using these tools and tips:
- Use a strong password. Choose a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Verify your mobile device to receive One-Time Passcodes for various account activity. To verify your device, login to Online Banking, then “Settings” then the “Contact” tab. Step by step instructions >
- You can receive email and/or text notifications (alerts) to help you monitor activity on your SMCU accounts. This service is free to members who use SMCU online or mobile banking.
- Use our Secure Messaging portal when contacting us instead of your regular email.
- Avoid using your web browser to store your login credentials.
- Keep your computer free of viruses and use virus protection software to routinely scan your computer.
- Don't open email attachments coming from people you don't know.
By following these steps to help protect yourself, we can work together to keep you, your information, and your accounts safe.
Watch the Video