Your local credit union offers so much more: $50 for new checking + debit.
Don’t have a checking account with San Mateo Credit Union? Now is the perfect time to make the easy switch from big-bank checking to your not-for-profit credit union. You’ll have access to over 30,000 free ATMs and a $50 new account offer.
Choose the checking account that works for you:
- 1.00% APY** on balances up to $50,000 when monthly requirements are met
- No minimum balance requirement to earn interest
- No monthly fee
- Simple checking you can use however you want
- No monthly fee
- No additional requirements
Premium Checking monthly requirements to earn 1.00% APY**
- Conduct 10 or more debit card purchases
- Make at least one direct or payroll deposit
- Select eStatements for the account
All SMCU Checking comes with:
- Access to 30,000+ surcharge-free ATMs nationwide
- A debit card that can be used for contactless payment
- Mobile Banking with easy Mobile Deposit – just snap a picture of your check
Open your SMCU checking account by August 31, 2020! You can open your account online or visit any SMCU branch. If you're not already a member, you'll become one when you open your account.
$50 offer details:
Open a Premium or Free Checking account between 7/10/20 and 8/31/20 and you’ll earn $50 if you make 10+ debit card purchases during the first full calendar month after account opening. Available to new SMCU checking account holders only. Example: Open your account in July 28 and your August purchases are counted toward the $50 offer.
Why join SMCU?
For over 65 years, SMCU has offered accounts, services, and education meant to enrich the financial lives of our members and our community. And since we’re a not-for-profit financial institution, our efforts are designed with your best interests in mind, not ours. If you're not already a member, join today!
Redwood City - San Mateo - South San Francisco - Daly City - East Palo Alto - Half Moon Bay