. Offer available to members age 18+ in good standing who joined SMCU on or before 3/31/19. Limit one cash bonus per membership (member). Bonus will be paid within 45 days after the end of the qualification period and will be placed into Regular Share Savings (suffix 00). Bonus will be classified as interest paid and any applicable taxes associated with the bonus are the responsibility of the member. To the extent required by law, SMCU will report the total value of this bonus to the IRS on Form 1099-INT for the tax year in which the bonus was paid. Offer may be revised or discontinued at any time without notice.
- For members who joined on or before 1/31/19: Bonus is calculated based on maintaining a combined average daily liquid (non-CD, non-investment) deposit balance of at least +$25,000 above the member’s December 2018 combined average daily liquid deposit balance ($0 if you joined in January 2019) for the months of March, April, and May, 2019. Tiers are +$25,000.00 - $49,999.99 ($100 bonus) and +$50,000.00 or more ($200 bonus) over December combined average daily liquid deposit balance. A minimum of $25,000 combined average daily liquid deposit balance is required in each month and bonus earned will correspond to the month in which the lowest tier is reached.
- For members who join 2/1/19 – 3/31/19: Bonus is calculated based on maintaining a combined average daily deposit balance of at least $25,000 in all liquid (non-CD, non-investment) accounts for the three consecutive months (statement cycles) following the month in which you join SMCU. Tiers are $25,000.00 - $49,999.99 ($100 bonus) and $50,000.00+ ($200 bonus). Bonus earned will correspond to the month in which the lowest tier is reached.
2. APY = Annual Percentage Yield as of 1/1/2019; subject to change. 2.00% APY paid on the first $50,000 in average daily balances and 0.05% APY paid on any average daily balances above $50,000 if three monthly (statement cycle) requirements are met, as follows: (1) 15 or more debit card purchases or debit card payments are initiated (ACH/bill pay payments and ATM transactions are not counted toward the monthly requirement), (2) one direct deposit, payroll deposit, or external ACH transfer is received, (3) eStatements are selected. All requirements must be applied to the Premium Checking account. If the monthly (statement cycle) requirements are not met in their entirety, the APY paid will be 0% for that statement cycle. Limit one (1) Premium Checking account per membership.
3. APY = Annual Percentage Yields as of 1/18/19; subject to change.
4. APY = Annual Percentage Yield for a 24-month certificate of deposit as of 1/18/19. Rate is 2.96%; subject to change.